Anne is the Founder & CEO of the Small Business Association of Australia (SBAA) that is acknowledged as a leading premium peak business organisation that represents MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) throughout Australia. It has a working relationship with governments, the diplomatic service, educators such as universities, small and big business, and other industry bodies.
In addition, SBAA has close working relationships with overseas business groups, governments, and individuals.
The SBAA is a one stop shop for small business owners, provides quality workshops, international trade missions and advocates for small business.
It believes the right economic environment and good small business policies are essential for a small business to succeed and thrive in a global economy.
Major initiatives of the SBAA include,
- Drafting the Small Business Charter that has been presented to the Commonwealth Government.
- Forming the first Think Tank in Australia specialising in small business.
- Organising the first International Small Business Summit on the 10th and 11th June 2021 at Sea World Resort & Conference Centre. The Vice Chancellor of Queensland University of Technology will officially launch our international think tank forum that will be open to international representation.
- As presentative of the SBAA is appointed to several state and commonwealth government committees.
- Is on the advisory board of Queensland University of Technology Business School.
- Is regularly consulted by Australian regulators.
- Is regularly invited to be guest speaker at virtual global conferences.
- Is regularly interviewed on television, radio and newsprint relating to current small business issues.