Leigh’s career as an insurance broker began back in 1998. Predominantly, Leigh has specialised in professional, executive and financial risks which has seen him service the needs of large professional associations and top 200 ASX listed corporate clients who operate across a broad range of industry sectors.
Since joining Guild Insurance in 2014, Leigh’s focus has switched to the allied health industry where he is primarily concerned with servicing the needs of some of Guilds largest association partnerships and their members.
Presentation Title: Professional Indemnity Insurance and Risk Management Hints and Tips
9:15-10:00am, Saturday 18 May 2019
First 20 Minutes
- The basic construct and workings of a professional Indemnity Insurance policy. Items to be addressed specifically are;
- Insuring Clauses. Public & Product Liability, Professional Indemnity (including Inquiries and Proceedings)
- What the policy pays for.
- Types of claims.
- ‘Claims Made’ policies – what to know.
- Claims example for an acupuncturist and associated cost.
Second 20 Minutes
- Understanding risk management;
- What patients commonly complain about
- How complaints may be received
- Ways in which to handle or manage complains
- Risk reduction tips and strategies
Final 5 minutes